The Youth Red Cross Society (YRC) is the most important constituent of its parent organization Indian Red Cross Society. It is a movement organized at the college level for students between 18 and 25 years of age. Young volunteers can make a significant contribution to meeting the needs of the most vulnerable people within their local communities through Red Cross youth programme.
- To contribute to the improvement of health, the prevention of disease and maternity and child care in the community.
- Awareness on the care of their own health and that of others
- Understanding and acceptance of civic responsibilities and acting accordingly with humanitarian concern, to fulfill the same
- To enable the growth and development of a spirit of service and sense of duty with dedication and devotion in the minds of youth
- Promotion of health and life
- Service to the sick and the suffering
Promotion of national and international friendship to develop the mental and moral capacities of the youth
We encourage humanitarian action among our pupils through our active YRC unit, which include
- Blood Donation Camp.
- Conduct Essay competition and award prizes.
- Practice of Health habits and Social service.