Sustainability @ SSMIET
SSMIET is dedicated to achieve carbon neutrality and reduce environmental impacts.
Initiatives for achieving the milestone in sustainability
- 1. Sturdy execution principles of Reduce, Recycle and Reuse (3R) wherever possible.
- 2. Minimize the water consumption by using flush type water system.
- 3. Recycle of waste papers then and there.
- 4. Installation of sensor based hand wash system for the effective usage of water resources.
- 5. Effectual usage of foot operated liquid soap dispensers for hygienic hand washing system.
- 6. Reuse of sewage water for plantations through nonstop water treatment plant.
- 7. Replacement of conventional bulbs with LED bulbs for lighting purposes.
- 8. Lecture halls and seminar halls are designed with provision for more natural lightings and ventilation.
- 9. Usage of renewable resources wherever feasible.
- 10. Acquiring energy-efficient products in classes, library, labs and hostels.
- 11. Availability of bicycles for internal transportation.
- 12. 100% plastic (LDPE) free campus.
- 13. 100% tobacco free campus.
- 14. Conducting awareness camps, workshops related to energy conservation to stakeholders.
- 15. Setting and reviewing sustainable objectives and targets.
We will ensure the availability of information and the required resources to achieve the above objectives.
The policy is communicated to all the concerned within the campus and reviewed periodically for its effective implementation