Create awareness among students about corporate expectations and help them in developing skills to become employable.
Proficient strategies defined to improve the potential of the students and it starts right from the first year.
PLACED STUDENTS DETAILS
Co-ordinators of Training and placement cell:
Professor In-charge/ Placement
Dr. C. Sujatha Prof/ECE
Mr. C. Silambarasan AP/Mech (For Non-circuit Branches)
Mr. J. Vetri Mani Kumar, AP/ECE ( For Circuit Branches)
Mr. G. Sahayaraj, AP/Auto
Mr. V. Praveen Jesuraj, AP/Civil
Mrs. S. Deepika, AP/CSE
Mr. R. Carol Praveen, AP/ECE
Mr. D. Manoj, AP/EEE
Mr. M. Selwin, AP/Mech
The Training and Placement Cell of SSM Institute of Engineering and Technology functions with the objective of providing guidance and assistance to achieve their career goals. It consists of representatives from each Stream and acts as a crucial link between academic program of the students and their suitable employment. It provides awareness on higher studies, self-employment and job opportunities. The unit takes adequate steps in identifying the current demands of the industry and prepares students towards this need. Students of SSMIET are given job opportunities through On Campus as well as through of Off-Campus Career Exploration Fairs.
Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) of Placement Activities
- The function of the TPO cell is to facilitate the job placement of SSMIET Students.
- The students’ database are collected by the TPO cell through the coordinators.
- The TPO invites registrations of the students through registration links who wish to apply and appear in recruitment drives organized by the TPO.
- The TPO cell organizes 60 hours placement training to all the interested students in seventh semester. Training is given by external resources.
- The TPO is approached by the recruiters for the placement of the students and the TPO also contact the prospective recruiters through different sources, like social media, direct mailing and calling, alumni and other references, past recruiters etc.
- On the basis of the information and requirement provided by the recruiter like profile of the company, eligibility, job description, and other required details, the notification is circulated amongst the students.
- The interested and eligible students register for the drive and the recruitment is conducted in the physical / online mode
- If the requirement is only for a single course, it is usually outsourced to the Department TPO and if it involves multiple courses, it is coordinated by the TPO team.
- The students who wish to apply to a particular company/organization are required to submit their willingness to the Training and Placement Cell before the specified deadline. No late entries will be entertained under any circumstances. It is obligatory on the part of these students to attend the interviews.
- After accepting a job offer, if any student decides to withdraw his/her acceptance any time during the year, he/she must inform the company concerned through the Training and Placement Cell immediately
- The students selected through campus interview will complete all the necessary formalities (e.g., document verification, medical test) asked by the employer and will join the organization within stipulated time frame. He/ she will keep the Training and Placement Cell update regarding his/ her progress in the Company. Training and Placement Cell, in turn, will obtain regular feedback from the employer regarding the performance of selected students.
- The TPO invites prospective organizations/industries across the year of every Academic Calendar, along with all relevant information to participate in the campus recruitment at the University. The organizations/Industries, in turn, can also contact the University T&P Officer for their requirement.
- The details of the respective final year students opting for placement will be sent to the company/organization concerned, as per their requirement, along with a tentative, mutually convenient date for the campus interviews.
- The company/organization may confirm the date or discuss a mutually convenient date, with the Coordinator-TPO Cell. The organizations will have an option to go for the campus recruitment to the Institution.
- After confirmation by the organizations, a pre-placement talk (PPT), will be arranged on the date of campus recruitment. The company will conduct tests and/or group discussions to short-list the students. If required, telephonic interviews or interviews through video conferencing can be arranged.
The industries will then interview the short-listed students for final selection and will announce the results as soon as possible (preferably on the same day), once the selection process is over. Companies announcing results immediately after interviews will be preferred by the Institution and the students for early campus interview dates during the next academic year.